Corniche Alexandria is known as the “Al-kurnish”. It is a wide open area or a road in the old city of Alexandria. It is located on the eastern portion of the Alexandria port which is one of the main ports of Egypt and standing along with the Nile River in between the lake of mariut and the Mediterean Sea. The Corniche Alexandria is one the top economic corridors of the country as it is one of the most busy trade routes which connects its products with other countries. The Corniche Alexandria used to be filled with traffic all the time.
The Corniche Alexandria was established in 1870 as one of the great land marks of the ancient country. The designer of the Corniche Alexandria was an Egyptian came from Italy. His name was Pietro and was one of the famous architects of his time. They made two parts of the Corniche Alexandria which are formally called “26 of July road” simply its western part and the eastern part has been called “Army road”, but people do not use these names now and they have become only its formal names otherwise it is famous as the Corniche Alexandria, its common name.
The Corniche Alexandria starts from the Qaitbay citadel which has been built in the area where one of the ancient wonders of the world “the light house of Alexandria” was standing and it ends on the point of montazapalace.