There is no doubt that your vehicle needs special attention and care in all seasons and conditions to last and function for the longest time possible. Every good driver knows that cars need maintenance and constant attention all-year-round…
Well, if you live in Dubai and have been on long car trips before, then you probably know how much extra attention and care your car needs to avoid the burning heat…
Let’s face it…
Dubai’s roads are very dangerous during the summer because of the heat. This doesn’t only affect the exterior of your car, but the interior as well.
If you’re an expat in the UAE, like most of us then you’re definitely not used to the heat yourself and at some point wonder “What will I get if I sell my car in Dubai?”
Luckily, there are a few things that can save you, your money, and your car from that excruciating heat. Follow these tips & tricks to make the summer heat bearable for your car:
1. Wash and Wax the Car:
If you live in Dubai, you have certainly noticed how the heat and sand can affect your car’s exterior condition and make the color of your car fade away slowly in time.
Especially when you’re driving on a long travel-road, or when you go to the desert for a camping trip.
You’re probably asking yourself for the solution now…
Well, the answer is pretty simple and easy, just wash your car once a week and wax it every 2 months to protect it.
2. Air Filter Check:
Air filters are one of the most important car parts.
They will protect your engine from dust and heat, especially in a climate like Dubai’s, where you will need to check the condition of your car’s air filter and change it when necessary.
3. Sun Protectors:
Guess we’re not all lucky enough to have blackout tints that cover the whole car or to find parking places everywhere we go in Dubai. Right?!
And of course, you don’t want your car to turn into an actual oven…
You should consider getting yourself those life-saving windshield sun protectors and seat covers. Also, when you decide you want to sell your car in Dubai, good leather seats will automatically improve the value of your car.
They will certainly protect the interior, dashboard, and leather seats.
All this protection will help keep your car in good shape and save you from that feeling of entering an oven.
4. Tires and Brakes Check:
Just like every other piece in the car, the tires and brakes need a regular condition check every month.
That’s mainly due to Dubai’s burning hot weather which makes the tires wear off and expand faster than usual. And remember, during summer, ensure that the tires aren’t completely filled with air.
Don’t ignore this step if you want to avoid accidents and keep your life and other people’s lives safe.
5. Air Conditioner:
It’s something we can’t live without in Dubai’s heat…
The air conditioning system in any car is there, not only to save you from melting in your seat, but it’s also important for the safety of your car.
Give your air conditioner a detailed check every couple of months to guarantee its maintenance and to drive along Dubai’s roads comfortably. Better to have this check towards the end of winter, around February and March.
6. Engine Oil and Battery Check:
Well yes, lots of checks I know!!
However, you can’t move a single step without these two actually…
Though engine oil helps in protecting the engine, it’s important to check it every two months or so to see if the heat caused any problems that could damage the engine. (High temperature causes the engine oil to clog. You may notice thick particles in the oil when performing a check, which means it needs to be changed immediately)
As for the battery, needless to say, big damage can be caused. Heat might make the electrolytes in the battery evaporate which is quite dangerous for your car.
Keep on giving them a check for financial and safety reasons and to maintain your car’s value.
7. Genius heat hacks:
We’ve all experienced those burning seats, boiling steering wheels, disgusting smells, hot scorching gears, and hot seat belts that work like a frying pan. Right?!
I’m sure you’ve experienced those things whether living in Dubai or any other place.
Now the question here is how to solve those problems?
We’ve the perfect answer for you with this list:
- Open the doors for a few minutes before you enter the car to let the heat and unpleasant smells go out and to protect the rubber seals of the doors as well.
- If you want to park your car in the heat for a while, make sure to turn the steering wheel 180 degrees before you leave the car. In this way, you’ll avoid getting your hands fried. Or you can even get one of those steering wheel covers which won’t soak up that much heat from the sun and you will still be able to drive more comfortably.
- As for the scorching gears just put a paper cup over it and you’re good to go. You can also spray some cold water if cups aren’t available.
- Use the same cold water hack with the seat belt buckles, it will cool them off instantly.
- Now as for the stinky smells…
You can either open the door for a good while or tape a dryer sheet onto the air conditioning vents.
- Invest in a light reflecting windshield sun shade. It reflects any light that comes in through the windshield. They are very inexpensive and you could get one that covers your windshield and the windows for around AED30-40. A solid one time investment!
- Finally, don’t leave anything on the dashboard because they will melt and be a pain to remove later.
These are the main important heat car-care tips that every car owner should know to enjoy Dubai’s trips and to maintain the car’s value. Follow these tips now, and thank us later!