The Beautiful Lighthouse Of Alexandria Egypt
Alexander had founded several cities in his time and did constructions. The light house of Alexandria is one of his construction which still remains in the city of Alexandria in Egypt. Its name is Pharos and is 140 meter high, one of the great and tallest buildings formed by human hands in the very ancient world. It is called the light house named due to usage in its time which was to show the right way to the sailors in the wide area of water around it. It was built in around 270 BC and has been in the list of the seven wonders of the ancient world. The light house is the mind production of a well-known artist of his time named as Sostratus.
It has three storeys and the most used material is stone bricks with white marble. At the top there is a cupola which had been used for burning of fire. The light house has faced many earthquakes and destruction, before that it had been there for several years till 1303 A.D when in a huge tsunami the light house finally fall and destructed. Another story of its damage is said to be its pulling down according to a rumor of being a treasure in the earth below light house. It has been a tourist destination for many years. It had been a pride of Egypt which can be seen in the founded coins which have its photo on it. It is a complex of three shapes circle, square and octagonal.
Some of its traces are still there according to an archaeological report published in 1994.