Birth certificate attestation in UAE is done to authenticate the date of birth of the certificate holder. A birth certificate is a non-educational document that is essential for admissions in school and for getting many other important documents. The birth certificate attestation process in UAE requires some documents of both the parents and the birth certificate issued by the hospital where the child is born. The birth certificate validates the date of birth and the name of the parents as well.
In the following post, we are going to discuss the process of birth certificate attestation. The process has many steps that must be completed carefully to avoid rejection. While you can proceed with the attestation process on your own after reading the guidelines, there are many agencies that offer attestation services in UAE. All you have to do is, submit your original documents and pay the fee for attestation (available on the official government website) and the processing charges asked by the company. We recommend doing proper research before opting for any agency for certificate attestation so as to avoid any mishaps.
Now, let us move on to read about the birth certificate attestation process.
Why do you need a birth certificate attestation?
Birth certificate attestation is required for the following purposes:
· Getting a family visa
· Migration purposes
· Employment application
· Higher studies
· Admissions in schools in Dubai
· Getting a resident visa in Dubai
The attestation process means establishing the authenticity of a birth certificate with an official stamp and sign of the issuing authority.
What documents are required for birth certificate attestation?
The following supporting documents are required for birth certificate attestation:
· Original birth certificate
· Emirates ID
· Passport-sized photos
· Copy of passport of the child, and or parents, in case the child doesn’t have one
Special cases might also require some additional supporting documents that will be mentioned in the official guidelines of the government.
What is the step-wise process of birth certificate attestation in Dubai?
The process for birth certificate attestation is as follows:
· First the UAE Ministry or the Department of Foreign Affairs (home country) verify your documents.
· Next, the documents are verified at the local UAE Embassy
· After this, you have to send your documents for next authentication at the DCNP (Dubai Courts Notary Public) office
· Finally, the documents are attested by the UAE MOFAIC or Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation
How to proceed with the birth certificate attestation?
You can find the official guidelines on the government websites, such as an embassy, and foreign ministry etc. You can initiate with the online submission of application etc. If you are planning to do it physically, you have to submit the documents on your own. However, if you opt for a certificate attestation company, you can simply submit the supporting documents and leave the rest of the things to them. The agents will complete all the steps on your behalf and give your documents back to you after attestation is over.
Are there other ways to complete the MOFAIC attestation?
MOFAIC or the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation acts as the official mediator between Dubai and the rest of the world. It is the final office for certificate and document attestation as well. When it comes to MOFAIC attestation, there are three ways to do so.
1. Official Website
· Visit the official website of MOFAIC.
· Complete the registration for birth certificate attestation and submit your credentials properly
· Upload the supporting documents in the format mentioned in the guidelines
· Wait for the application review by the UAE Embassy
· Remit the required fee to complete the process.
2. MOFAIC App
· Another way to complete the MOFAIC attestation is, to download the MOFAIC App and create an account.
· Choose your home nation and the services for which you want to use the App
· If you plan to obtain a birth certificate attestation, opt for “Attest Official Documents, Certificates and Commercial Invoices” option
· Remit the fee and click on the “Apply” link.
This is another easy way for MOFAIC attestation.
3. Customer Happiness Centre
· For document attestation in Dubai, you can visit the Customer Happiness Centres that are located in various parts of Dubai.
· You can submit the required documents there and wait for the application review by the customer happiness centres.
The customer happiness centres are located in Al Twar, Dubai Chamber, Bur Dubai, Emirates Tower and Al Manara.
What is the cost of birth certificate attestation in Dubai?
MOFA charges AED 150 for birth certificate attestation inside and outside Dubai. However, we recommend checking the official website before making the payment to avoid any issues with your application.
What happens if you don’t get the birth certificate attestation done?
A birth certificate authenticates the date of birth of a child. If you as a parent fail to get it done, you cannot send him or her to a school as there is no proof of him being born in Dubai and no proof of his or her date of birth.
Further, if you are residing in Dubai as a migrant, you have to show that all your documents are verified and authentic. So, you have to get your birth certificate attested as it will show that your date of birth, nation of birth, and age is as per your claims.
We hope the information shared here proves helpful to all the readers. For more information and expert guidance on birth certificate attestation, please reach out to us in the comments section.